- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds). halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out
- 1 small red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, place squash cut side down. Bake until squash is easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion, 1 tablespoon oil, lime zest and juice, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper. Let stand until onion is softened, at least 15 minutes.
- When squash is about 10 minutes from being done, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place 2 steaks in skillet, and cook until medium-rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely with foil; repeat with remaining steaks. Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, holding squash over a medium bowl, use a fork to scrape flesh into strands. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Adapted from Marthstewart.com